The Wilton Hotel Bray offers a fantastic location to discover the treasures of Irelands Ancient East. Find ancient pilgrim routes, visit some of Irelands most famous Big Houses, hear tales from Wicklow Historic Gaol, listen to fabulous audio tours of Powerscourt House and Gardens that will tell its history from old family stories and legends. Over 5000 years of history awaits to be explored.
Families will be spoilt for activities and things to do from woodland walks, seaside, cliff walk, playgrounds to Sealife centre, Dublin Zoo, there is horse riding, water based activities and so much more.
Wicklow is a Walkers paradise the Wicklow Way, Dublin/Wicklow Mountains are saturated with a patch work of forests, glens lakes and valleys. The Cliff walk from Bray to Greystones is a wonderful coastal walk around the edges of Bray Head.
Shopping offers a ranch of options from discovering little Gems in Bray town or nearby Greystones, there is Avoca at Kilmacanogue and Powerscourt. Dundrum shopping centre is a 15 minute drive. Arklow shopping centre is 25 minute drive. Dublin city centre is 40 minute drive.
Must see Attractions include...
- Powerscourt House and Gardens and Waterfall open all year
- Kilruddery House and Gardens open April til October
- Wicklow Gaol open all year
- Avoca Handweavers and café – open all year
- National Sealife Centre open all year
- Glenroe Open Farm open Easter until September
- Glendalough Monastic Site – historic and outstanding beautiful place to visit open all year
- Airfield 35 acre working farm near Dundrum open all year
- National Gallery home to one of the finest collections of Irish and European art. Open all year.
- Trinity Book of Kells ancient illustrated book located by the library at Trinity College Dublin.